Down Time Summerfest 2019
Free family train rides this Downtime at Downpatrick and County Down Railway with trains departing from 12pm – 4pm.
There’s no tickets for this, our doors are open all afternoon with no charge.
You can explore everything that the railway has to offer, including:
– travelling on a steam train to Inch Abbey
– exploring our carriage and locomotive gallery to get up close (and inside!) vintage locomotives and carriages
– see inside a genuine signal cabin
– learn about the history of rail travel
– experience a restored An Post ‘Travelling Post Office’ carriage and learn how mail was sorted on the move
– kids can dress up and play games
The railway is fully accessible for wheelchairs and prams etc., with level access to all areas and ease of travelling on the train.