Steam trains are back for the bank holiday Monday afternoon
This event is running on Monday 1st May
This event has sold out online. You can purchase tickets on arrival if you arrive for the 2:30pm or later trains.
Steam trains are back for May Day, Monday 1st May, the perfect way to spend a couple of hours on a (hopefully!) sunny May afternoon. On your visit you can:
- Take as many or as few round trips as you want
- Visit our museum to learn about the history of the BCDR and railways in general
- Explore our carriage gallery, with a fascinating collection of vintage carriages and locomotives. Everything from an 1880s steam locomotive to a 1960s diesel locomotive, a travelling post office carriage and lovely original BCDR carriages for you to experience up close
- Model railway room on the platform – see if you can drive a train!
- Visit the country’s only original signal cabin that is fully accessible for the mobility impaired
- Get a drink and snack in our buffet train at Inch Abbey
Prices & tickets
Charges are detailed below. Additional charges apply for food and drinks in the buffet and gifts in the shop. Donations are also welcome.
- Adult: £9
- Child (4+): £7
- Child (under 4): FREE
- Concession: £8
- Family ticket (2 adults + up to 3 kids): £30
- Carers: FREE (Please see our Carers Policy for more details)
Departures from Downpatrick are at: 13:45, 14:30, 15:15, 16:00
* Please note the later first train time on this date due to operational reasons *
Doors open at around 13:15.