A diesel gala to celebrate the new year in style
Sorry, this event has been cancelled
We will be in touch with everyone who has booked tickets.
This event is running on Saturday 6th January
Due to serious flooding in Downpatrick affecting the railway badly and causing damage to all of our diesel locomotives and railcars, we have unfortunately had to cancel this event. All ticket holders have been contacted.
Tickets MUST be purchased in advance, we will not have a ticket office on the day.
We are seeing in the new year in style with our diesel gala, to give all you diesel enthusiasts a real treat to kick off 2024.
Trains will be running on Saturday 6th January, with the day starting at 11am and expected to run until around 4pm.
Ticket prices: £30 flat rate (for all day travel and all extras)
Want to travel by bus from Dublin? Check out Táilte Tours’ website, who are offering a combined bus and gala ticket.
Planned traction for the event is:
- A class A39R
- B class 146
- G class shunter G617
- 450 class Railcar 458
- Wickham Railcar
- O&K No. 3 (steam locomotive!)
- 80 class on static display (making noise, not hauling passengers)
All traction is subject to availability.
We plan to use both the North Line (to Inch Abbey) and the South Line (towards Magnus Grave).
The day is planned to feature:
- Haulage by all available diesel locos and railcars
- Wickham Railcar rides to start the day (if certification is completed in time – numbers are limited)
- Steam loco on display
- At least one series of ‘run pasts’ where you can enjoy our traction powering past you in a safe, supervised location
- Brake van rides
- A raffle for cab rides (no extra cost)
- Anything else we can come up with!
Generator carriage 3223 is planned to be in service so heat will be provided on main passenger trains. Other trains may not have full heating (or any at all in the novelty runs) so please dress appropriately!