Enjoy a steam train ride, explore the railway, collect the letters to solve the puzzle, visit our Face Painter and get your Easter Egg from the Easter Bunny.
This event is running on Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th and Monday 13th April
The Easter Bunny will be visiting our Railway, and her goal is simple: to make sure all children have a great day with her steam trains and come away with a chocolate Easter Egg!
You can buy your tickets online, or on the day at our station. We recommend buying in advance to speed you through any queues. On arrival, children can visit the Face Painter and find out how to take part in our word hunt game.
After your train journey you’ll make your way to our gallery building to meet the Easter Bunny and get your chocolate egg.
Your tickets entitle you to:
- As many train trips as you like between Downpatrick and Inch Abbey
- Stay as long as you like to explore Ireland’s only mainline heritage railway
- Stay over at the station at Inch Abbey for a while to visit the buffet – you can catch the next train!
- Visit the model railway and drive a train
- Access our museum in the station building
- Take part in our word hunt puzzle
- Meet the Easter Bunny to collect your Easter Egg
- Visit the face painter to get a fun Easter look – all included in the charge!
- Explore the carriage gallery where you can see old railway engines and carriages, and go inside them to imagine you’re the driver, or a passenger in the old days
- Dress up for photos and play games
Your visit will typically take around two hours if you want to see everything.
Trains depart from Downpatrick at: 13:00, 13:45, 14:30, 15:15 and 16:00.
- All children + adults: £9
- Family saver ticket (2 adults + 3 kids): £40
- Infant: free
- Concession: £8
- Carers: please see our carers policy here
Very young children/babies who do not require an Easter Egg are welcome to travel free of charge. We will try to accommodate prams where possible, but space can be limited if a lot of prams turn up for the same train.
We recognise that some kids will be unable to eat Easter Eggs that contain dairy and certain other allergens. We have a small number of ‘Moo Free’ eggs that are dairy free, gluten free and soya free, suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
For children who are nut allergic, we can offer a nut-free chocolate gift.
If you need one of these safer gifts from the Easter Bunny, please contact us after you make your booking so we can reserve these for your child.
Note that there are limited supplies of these allergen-free eggs, so we advise you to book early if you wish to take advantage of this option.
We do not offer any Easter Eggs that specifically contain nuts (i.e. there are no Snickers, Peanut M&M eggs or similar). However, the eggs may contain traces of nuts from the production process.
We have a small supply of Cadbury’s Creme Egg boxes that are produced in a nut-free environment if you have a nut-allergic child. If you would like your child to receive this from the Easter Bunny, please contact us after you make your booking so we can reserve a box for your child.
If you are concerned about a child being exposed to very small nut traces from others eating or handling Easter Eggs, we advise you not to attend the railway on these days.