As a volunteer-run not-for-profit charity, this money is so important to our museum as we don’t receive government funding and rely on the support of people young and old to preserve and care for our unique collection now and for the generations to come and can spend it where we need to the most – ensuring your visit is as memorable and enjoyable as possible and helping grow our little line into a bigger one.
- £100 would help buy enough coal to run a steam engine for an afternoon
- £200 would buy enough paint to repaint several carriages/locomotives
- £1000 would buy new seats for the station platform for people to sit down while waiting for the train
- £2000 would provide promotional materials for a year
- £5-10,000 would provide the funds to completely restore an historic vintage railway carriage